You won't believe how easy this is!
Last week I bought a spaghetti squash in order to try another recipe from the 17 day diet. I've been kind of putting it off, afraid it wouldn't turn out right or I wouldn't like it. SURPRISE!!! It was GREAT!!! So, I'm recommending it to you. Just think of all the carbs you'll save by substituting this for your favorite pasta! (Or at least you can eat a few bites of dessert because you skimped on the pasta.) This is so simple to fix - just slice in half, scoop out the pulp, and microwave about a an inch of water in a class dish for 8 minutes! C'mon - I'll show ya!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cups chopped, fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar low carb marinara sauce
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Place in glass baking dish with about 1/2 inch water, rind side up.
- Microwave 8-10 minutes per half on high (you can also bake at 375 degrees 40-45 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, saute broccoli, onion, and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp and tender.
- When squash is done, let stand for a few minutes to cool. Separate strands by running a fork through from top to bottom. This is how you get it to look like spaghetti! Place strands in a separate bowl.
- When vegetables are sauteed, add squash, mix together and heat through.
- Warm the marinara sauce in microwave.
- Serve vegetable mix with marinara sauce on top.
Makes 4 servings. My family was very happy with this recipe. The only thing I'd do different is probably add some salt, and I'd also use my own spaghetti sauce recipe (hint, hint;).