|MY (YUMMY) FINISHED OMELET!|
My girls are Food Channel freaks. That's all there is to it. Hence, I stay abreast of all things Paula Deen, Sandra Lee, and The Barefoot Contessa. I'm hoping this is a good sign of some great cooks in the family - what would be even cooler is if one of them landed a show of their own someday!!! (Or at least a cooking blog...)
I say all that to say: This is another Paula Deen GENIUS idea!!!! Omelets in a baggie, what could be more perfect, less messy, or individualized!
Grab a baggie, this is gonna be fun!
- Eggs (as many as needed)
- Spinach, mushrooms, minced onion (or dried), various cheeses, bacon, ham, chives, parsley, and anything else that suits your fancy for an omelet!
- A few plastic sealable baggies - I just used Walmart brand.
- 1 mug large enough to place a baggie in and fold over edges.
- Pot of boiling water
- Place baggie in mug, folding over edges.
- Scramble eggs in large bowl, adding a bit of water (to make them fluffy - shhh, it's a secret, don't tell;)
- Pour 1/3-1/2 cup egg in bagged mug.
- Add omelet ingredients of choice.
- Seal baggie tightly, being careful to let out extra air. Mush (Paula's word) ingredients around in baggie.
- Place in large pot of boiling water with sealed edge sticking out (it will float) and boil 8-10 minutes.
- Eat and marvel at the wonderfully simple creation you just made!!!