|ANGEL LUSH WITH PINEAPPLE|
My mom whipped up this cake for Easter and I just had to share! She has made such a monumental comeback since her stroke 2 years ago and this is just one more evidence of that fact. This cake is super simple and fast to make - a pre-made angel food cake is the basis for this lushious gem! Just one glance makes the mouth water! Berries can be added to the top for extra flavor and color.
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pinapple in juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) vamilla flavor instant pudding
- 1 cup thawed cool whip
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) prepared round angel food cake
- Seasonal berries
- Mix pineapple in juice and dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups of pudding mixture onto cake layer; cover with middle cake layer. Spread 1 cup of pudding mixture onto middle cake layer; top with remaining cake layer. Spread with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with your favorite seasonal berries.
Makes 10 servings. But hurry, it'll disappear fast!!!