Here's a quick and yummy trick for a scrumptious breakfast that looks like you put a lot of time into it (but you really didn't)! My daughter Kylie and I saw this on the Paula Dean Show last week!
- 1 Can Grands biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Orange zest (I just scraped some peel off an orange "cutie" with a serrated knife - see, it doesn't have to be hard, use what you have!)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup coarsley chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Margarine or butter to brush on biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a round cake pan with cooking spray.
3. Place one grand in center of greased cake pan.
4. Cut rest of Grands in half, arranging in a flower pattern around whole biscuit. Use entire pack (they will be crowded - that's ok!)
5. Brush biscuits with margarine.
6. Mix orange zest, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and nuts, and sprinkle atop biscuits.
7. Bake 20-22 minutes.
8. While rolls are baking, mix cream cheese, orange juice, and powdered sugar until lumps are gone. You may use a mixer - I just used a whisk and beat vigorously.
9. When rolls are done, drizzle cream cheese mixture atop rolls and serve.