|HOME MADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP|
I have a couple of sickies at my house, and whenever I have sickies, they always ask for my home made chicken noodle soup. Wait - don't even entertain the idea that I actually MAKE my noodles - not happening. This blog is about fast and easy, remember????
Actually, I usually use egg noodles, but I stumbled across these beauties in an Amish food supply store! Extra Wide Homestyle Noodles! I knew they were meant for my home made chicken noodle soup. So, I stocked them and waited...for someone to get sick!
Not that I'm happy about my poor little sick babies, but the noodles were ready for them!
Now let me just say that the package said, "boil for 7-20 minutes. That was rather vague (I thought), so I just kept testing my noods. It took the full 20 minutes - just so you know. In case you ever get your hands on a wonderful bag of these goodies!
- 1 large package egg noodles, or 3/4 pkg. of extra wide Amish homestyle noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (I didn't have carrots this time but I usually use them
- About 2-3 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chives
- 8-10 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 can chicken, diced, or left over chicken
- Heat water to boiling in large pot.
- When almost boiling, add bullion cubes.
- Add noodles, cooking till done (Extra wide Amish noodles take 20 minutes)
- Add carrots in with the noodles, stir in parsley, chives, and chicken.