Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ROTISSERIE SAUTEED CHICKEN AND FRESH VEGGIES


ROTISSERIE SAUTEED CHICKEN AND VEGGIES

     I'm really losing my grip on my organizational skills because this week's dinner plans have been a bit haphazard!  We got home from Sam's in the pouring rain (no, Sam's doesn't pay me to talk about their products all the time, I just shop there a lot) and I looked at my loot.  You know to complete your grocery list you really have to go to a smaller grocery store, and often it doesn't get done in the same day as the "Sam's-ing".  Today was that day, so I got home with a bunch of stuff that I didn't plan on using together! I fell back on an old favorite called, "dump everything into a pan sprayed with Pam and add chicken and seasonings".  I was thankful I'd bought fresh cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, because they made such a nice addition to my measely 1/4 of a red pepper and few baby red pearl onions. You can do this too, just add some seasonings of your own, such as cilantro, or keep a mix or two of dried herbs on hand for just such occasions - there are many out there!

Ingredients:

  • Tyson frozen chicken tenderloins
  • Fresh vegetables of your choice (I used mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, and baby red pearl onions).
  • Light cooking spray
  • Rotisserie chicken flavoring, salt and pepper to taste
  • Dry, white cooking wine

 Directions:

  1. Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
  2. Sprinkle Rotisserie Chicken flavoring over cooking spray sparingly, all over pan.
  3. Warm pan on medium heat, add chicken and vegetables when pan is heated.
  4. Halfway through cooking, when juices are starting to dry, add 1/4 cup dry, white cooking wine.
  5. Continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are done.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with a baked potato (which you've nuked, of course - because you were in a hurry like me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave your comments, thoughts and suggestions! I love hearing from all you cool people!