Say that five times fast!!!
My daughter is trying to upstage me by making these fabulous cookies. Just look at them - how could I not post the recipe??? So, for your enjoyment (and oh, how you WILL enjoy them): Hayley's cake batter chocolate chip cookies - WITH Ghirardelli chocolate chips. Now, you can use any kind of chocolate chips, and any kind of cake batter, but those were her chips of choice, and she went with a yellow batter. Way to go, Hayley! You're trying to be my favorite child, aren't you?
- 1 box yellow cake mix (or other cake mix of your choice)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 12 oz. bag semi- sweet chocolate chips (or 1 cup any other add-in you like, such as flavored candy, nuts, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Stir in cake mix a little at a time until it's all blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips (or nuts or candy of your choice).
- Bake 10 minutes, until edges are brown.
And that's it! It so perfectly qualifies for the Kozi Kitchen because of it's simplicity, yet yumminess. Hayley, you are getting an A in Home Ec this year. Oh wait, I give you an A in that every year - even on the years when we don't count all our work at home as "Home Ec"! (Homeschool humor, bear with me!)
Makes about 4 dozen