This is a holiday staple at our house. Mashed potatoes mixed with cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and seasonings, stored in the 'fridge overnight and ready to bake the next day! Why would you not? Simple and yummy!!!
|HOLIDAY MASHED POTATOES|
- 3 lb. (about 12 medium) white potatoes, peeled and cooked (hot)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup margerine (1/2 stick, also at room temperature - just set both of these out as you're cooking the potatoes, then they'll be ready.)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dash of pepper
- Make sure you've already cooked and boiled your potatoes. It usually takes them about 15 minutes to boil start to finish. Always test a couple with a fork to make sure they're soft.
- Turn potatoes into large mixer bowl and mash with mixer.
- When all lumps are removed, add cream cheese and butter in small pieces. Beat well until cheese and butter are both melted and completely mixed.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Add milk and eggs.
- Add salt and pepper and beat all until light and fluffy.
- Place in greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and refrigerate several hours or overnight (I always do overnight, it's best.)
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Serves 12-15 - sooooo good!!!
|THE FINISHED PRODUCT!|