Wednesday, November 18, 2015

SEVEN LAYER SALAD





This wonderful, tasty salad is made up and refrigerated the day before so you can enjoy all the wonderful flavors the next day when you mix it up!  I make this every year for both Thanksgiving and Easter.  Old favorite!

Ingredients:

  • 1 head lettuce
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup green pepper (I never use this)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 10oz. pckg. frozen peas
  • 2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 10 slices bacon, crumbled or packaged bacon bits

Directions:

Layer as given and refrigerate to 24 hours.  Toss before serving. Tips: when spreading the mayo on the peas, use a spatula, or better yet, use squeeze mayo.  I personally prefer the taste of fresh cooked bacon to bacon bits so I do it in the microwave a few slices at a time.  Also, if you have a few onion haters, you may want to do what I do and make one salad with and one without.  Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. I certainly did NOT know you had a cooking blog! Good for you. Looks like a great recipe! I've made this before, everyone loves, but I've never had a "go-to" recipe. The search is off! I found it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave your comments, thoughts and suggestions! I love hearing from all you cool people!