Old Taste of Home magazines are my inspiration - I have one that features several squash recipesc so I decided to combine them. That was a few years ago - and my girls ask for this dish every summer. Don't ya just love one dish meals? Yeah, me too. Oh, my son - the non-vegetable lover? He picks out the polish sausage and I supplement with mashed potatoes or mac-n-cheese (or both!
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 cups yellow squash, cubed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper (as you can see, I didn't have one that day)
- 2 tsp. dried basil (can use fresh too!)
- Polish Sausage - 1, diced
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil util tender. Stir in squash, peppers, basil, and polish sausage.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Add cooking wine and cook about 10 more minutes (or until vegetables are tender).
- Remove from heat, sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6. Ahh, love it!!!