A couple of years ago when we had our homeschool home ec class, the girls made these and in my opinion, they're way better (not to mention softer) than any store bought croutons out there. And - key word - SIMPLE!
- 4 slices stale bread any kind (fresh bread will work too)
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. each: Oregano, celery salt, garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- Combine seasonings with oil in small bowl.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Add bread cubes to seasoning mixture and toss well to mix.
- Bake at 325 in a single layer for 10-15 minutes until crisp. Cool. Store in a sealed container.