Well, what's Thanksgiving without the Pumpkin roll, right? Don't you just love that creamy goodness in the middle???
Ingredients for Pumpkin roll:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. pckg. softened cream cheese (set it out when you begin making pumpkin roll)
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cream together while pumpkin roll is baking.
Directions for Pumpkin Roll:
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, fold in pumpkin, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, and spices.
- Pour into greased cookie sheet.
- Top with nuts if desired.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Prepare Cream Cheese Filling.
- Remove from oven, spray a piece of waxed paper with cooking spray and lay on top of cake. Place another cookie sheet the same size on top of waxed paper (bottom in) and flip over so cake comes out of cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Roll up carefully in the wax paper, then roll up again in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Unroll and spread with cream cheese filling. The best way to do this is to put the filling in a plastic sandwich or quart size baggie, cut off one of the lower corners, and squirt it out that way. Use a knife to spread afterward if necessary.
- Roll up and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Chill for at least 2 hours.
Try to roll tightly - I'm still not great at this but it matters not as far as taste goes! Enjoy!