Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SIMPLE BEEF FAJITAS



     It was 2:00PM and I had no idea what was for dinner.  I looked in the 'fridge and dug in my cupboard and came up with this:


     "Looks good to me!" I thought.  So, I threw it all together in a 9x13 pan, set the oven on low, and dashed out the door for more wedding errands!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 bag of pre-cooked beef fajita strips
  • 1 small can mushrooms
  • 1 14-1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
  • 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips
  • 1 tsp. dried, minced onions (or a few onions cut in strips)
  • 1 package tortillas (I used whole wheat)

Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients, slicing fajita meat into smaller pieces, if desired.
  2. Place in 9x13 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or 3 hours at 180 degrees.
  3. Spray non-stick pan with light cooking spray and heat tortillas.  Keep in a covered container (or just use a plate and cover with a lid like I did).
  4. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheeses, and guacamole if desired.
     The verdict?  It was DELICIOUS!!!!!  WOW!!!  Why haven't I ever done this before???  As the old saying goes:  Try it, you'll LIKE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave your comments, thoughts and suggestions! I love hearing from all you cool people!