Thursday, May 3, 2012

HOT HAM AND CHEESE SLICES

     This is a new-to-me recipe from one of my Taste of Home magazines.  I've had the frozen puff pastry for a while and last night I needed something SUPER quick for lack of time in "wirlwind wedding land".  Once June rolls around and my oldest finally says, "I do", I'll wonder what to do with all my time, right?!  Ah, well, it's a special time of life. (Just keep telling yourself that, Ruthie!)

     Anyway, the recipe calls for mushrooms, red peppers and onions but I had none of that since I used it all up making beef fajitas (http://ruthieskozikitchen.blogspot.com/2012/05/simple-beef-fajitas.html last night. The kids were glad - they just like plain 'ole ham and cheese, nothin' fancy.  WIN!!!  They loved these and I will be making them more often now that I know how good they are!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 package (17.3 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 1/2 pound deli ham
  • 1/2 pound Swiss cheese (I used mozzerella)

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter until tender.  Set aside.
  2. Unfold pastry pastry.  Layer the ham, cheese and mushroom mixture off-center on each sheet of pastry.
  3. Fold pastry over filling; pinch seams to seal. 
  4. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  Cut each pastry into 4 slices with a serrated knife.

1 comment:

Hey there! Leave your comments, thoughts and suggestions! I love hearing from all you cool people!