BLOOMIN' PIZZA BREAD
See all the cheesy yumminess? Yeah...this was DEFINITELY a keeper. Not exactly as pretty as the picture I had of the original recipe, but so - SOOOOO delicious!
Bloomin' Pizza Bread
- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
- 12-16 ounces mozzarella or Provolone cheese, thinly sliced (I just used shredded mozzerella
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni, halved
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sweet basil
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- pizza/marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting the bottom crust. This is a bit tricky but the bread is very forgiving.
- Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet (with extra foil on the sides and top to roll the bread up in) and insert cheese slices and pepperoni between cuts. Combine butter, garlic powder, and seasonings. Drizzle or brush over bread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle bread with Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap bread completely in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and pepperoni is a little crispy.