Well, I finally cooked! Something new, that is. In a busy season such as this (wedding season - 1 1/2 weeks away...EEK!), I draw from all of my old favorites which are already...here!
So this is from my Taste of Home cookbook. Everyone here gave it an A+ and it really was quite savory! The steak seasoning is a new fun ingredient - not new to this house, heavens no - hubs has about 3 different kinds stocked for grilling season. But I have never used it in a casserole before, and it gave a great flavor! Swiss cheese really kicks it up a notch, as well. This is one of those "keepers" for sure!!!
- 8 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into 3 inch pieces (oops, forgot to do that)
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- a few sprinkles of dried, minced onion (so my son won't notice - or you can add real onion)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tsp. steak seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 cup chedder cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, peppers, mayonnaise, steak seasoning, and basil.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture, toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9 in. baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Serves 6-8. We only had 4 for dinner so - hooray for leftovers tomorrow!