Sunday, December 30, 2012

BARBECUE RANCH CHICKEN PIZZA


                                          

     Gotta tell ya, Taste of Home is my favorite resource (next to my 25 year old Betty Crocker cookbook), I get the magazine every month because everything in it is super simple.  I have so many pages dog-eared it's not funny.  I stumbled across this little gem about a month ago and it was one of those go-to recipes that got me through the busyness of the holidays.  Five ingredients.  Delicious.  Better make two pans.

Ingredients:
  • 2-8oz. tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1/2 cup hickory smoked barbecue sauce (or any kind - I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
  • 1/4 cup ranch dressing
  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used canned, you can also use left over chicken)
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Press the two tubes of crescent rolls onto bottom and sides of a 15x10 in. baking pan.
  3. Bake crust for 10 minutes. 
  4. Mix together 1/4 cup each barbecue sauce and ranch dressing, spread over crust.
  5. Toss 3 cups chicken with additional 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and arrange over top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
  6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
My girls and I like to add slivers of onions when our men aren't around.  My husband likes for me to add olives, pepperoni and bacon to his slices.  Get creative and make it your own!

Serves 4-5 (makes 8 large slices)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave your comments, thoughts and suggestions! I love hearing from all you cool people!