Gotta tell ya, Taste of Home is my favorite resource (next to my 25 year old Betty Crocker cookbook), I get the magazine every month because everything in it is super simple. I have so many pages dog-eared it's not funny. I stumbled across this little gem about a month ago and it was one of those go-to recipes that got me through the busyness of the holidays. Five ingredients. Delicious. Better make two pans.
- 2-8oz. tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup hickory smoked barbecue sauce (or any kind - I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used canned, you can also use left over chicken)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press the two tubes of crescent rolls onto bottom and sides of a 15x10 in. baking pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Mix together 1/4 cup each barbecue sauce and ranch dressing, spread over crust.
- Toss 3 cups chicken with additional 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and arrange over top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serves 4-5 (makes 8 large slices)