Ever need to make something sweet but you don't have much time? Here's your solution. A peanut butter cookie with a powdered sugar glaze. The men in my family think we need cookies in the house 24/7, and this has been my life-savor for many, many years! It whips up quickly, bakes in 15 minutes, and BAM. You're super mom.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened (not melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 Tbs. milk
- Mix first 7 ingredients with mixer.
- Pat in ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Mix last 3 ingredients for glaze and drizzle over cookies while still warm.