Wednesday, November 18, 2015

CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

         CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
                                                       
      It was chili dinner day at church and I had been sick the previous week. On Sunday I arose feeling much better, and we made a quick decision to attend the dinner. Which meant I needed to make my White Chicken Chili. After all, it's getting pretty popular now, I wouldn't want to disappoint my fans! Jim was insistent that there would be plenty of food and that I shouldn't worry about it. "No way - a family of six not showing up with something??? I'm making my chili." Was my response. Why was I so sure I could prepare it in just a matter of minutes? Because I had all the necessary ingredients on hand, and it is EASY!!!

Sure enough, friends (including my future son-in-law) asked if I had brought the chicken chili, and in which of the myriad of crockpots was it located. I promised the recipe on the Kozi Kitchen, so here ya go, friends!

Ingredients:
  • 1 large can cooked chicken (or 1 1/2 cups left over cooked chicken)
  • 1 can chicken broth or 2 tsp. chicken bullion mixed with 2 cups water (I always substitute this for chicken broth, I keep it stocked and use it for many dishes)
  • 2 cans Great Northern Beans
  • 1 can green chilis
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in crock pot except sour cream and whipping cream.
  2. Cook on high one hour or low 3 hours.
  3. Add creams and cook 30 more minutes on high.
Enjoy all that hearty goodness with thick slices of french bread or crackers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave your comments, thoughts and suggestions! I love hearing from all you cool people!